Dec 5, 2013

Movies You Must See Before You Grow Up

source

It has recently dawned upon me that this is the perfect time for me to introduce you to some of the movies that defined my childhood. I'm a bit of a film buff – movies are my thing – so I'm really excited to do this and introduce you to the worlds of Marty McFly, Jar Jar Binks and Forrest, Forrest Gump.

Sandy and Selina finished the Back to the Future series the other week, and we were all really sad that hoverboards had not been invented yet. Technically, Marty travelled to 2015, so I don't know about you but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for hoverboards in two years. Sandy even wrote a short blog post and Selina an essay about how much they loved the film.

These past few weeks, I've racked my brain, as well as the brains of my mum and sister, to come up with a list of movies that you absolutely must watch before you grow up. And if you're grown up and haven't watched them, then there's no better time to start!

  • Back to the Future I
  • Back to the Future II
  • Back to the Future III
  • Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark
  • Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
  • Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
  • Star Wars IV: A New Hope
  • Star Wars V: The Empire Strike Back
  • Star Wars VI: Return of the Jedi
  • Star Wars I: The Phantom Menace
  • Star Wars II: Attack of the Clones
  • Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith
  • Jurassic Park 
  • The Lost World: Jurassic Park
  • Jurassic Park III
  • Die Hard
  • Die Hard 2
  • Die Hard with a Vengeance 
  • E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial
  • Grease
  • Mary Poppins
  • The Sound of Music
  • Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
  • The Princess Bride
  • Big
  • Forrest Gump
  • Dirty Dancing
  • Babe
  • Ghostbusters
  • Jaws
  • Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (the old one)
  • The King and I
  • Clueless
  • Sister Act
  • The Wizard of Oz
  • Superman 
  • Superman II 

A few personal favourites:
  • Forrest Gump (again)
  • It's a Wonderful Life
  • My Fair Lady
  • Singin' in the Rain
  • The Phantom of the Opera
  • Romeo + Juliet
  • The Truman Show
  • Groundhog Day
  • House of Flying Daggers
  • Hero
  • Gone with the Wind
  • The Snowman

Comedy:
  • Rush Hour 
  • Rush Hour 2
  • Beverly Hills Ninja
  • Flubber
  • Mrs. Doubtfire
  • Hook
  • Bean

And of course:
  • Everything Disney
  • Everything Pixar 
  • Everything Hayao Miyazaki

Now children, go forth into the world, and may the force be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment